When Ophiuchus went against the destiny that Apollo had decided in an ancient war, the gods were infuriated and they sent a snake to kill him. With great skill, Ophiuchus charmed the snake and turned it into his best weapon.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Ophiuchus is arguably one of the best epic monsters in the game, justifying his placement in OP tier. His stats are great as a whole, which is also the case for his skillset. Despite being an Epic, he has one of the - if not the - best regular control move for an epic in the entire game.
Pros:[edit | edit source]
- Nice stats overall
- Various status effects
- AoE Mega-Possession with 2 CD
- Little to no cooldowns
Cons:[edit | edit source]
- Bad Relic Slots (Armor / Trap)
- Average stats and stamina costs
- Bad Trait
Recommended Moveset[edit | edit source]
Kill them from the inside![edit | edit source]
- Delphi Guardian (AoE 25 Dark dmg + Mega Possesion, 33s, 2 CD)
- Serpens Caput (AoE 25 Dark dmg + Nightmares, 33s, 2 CD)
- Sky Viper (45 Nature dmg + Poison 26s, 0 CD)
- Oracle Protector (45 Dark dmg + Bleed, 26s, 0 CD)
This set is designed to disable monsters then wear them down with status effects. Delphi Guardian, the opening move, will possess monsters for 2 turns. This will cause them to damage each other and waste stamina. Then you can use Serpens Caput, which is an AoE attack that does moderate damage and inflicts nightmares. While the damage over time isn't amazing, it is still a good amount. Then you can use Sky Viper and Oracle Protector as you please until you can repeat Delphi Guardian.
Recommended Runes: 3 Speed
Recommended Relics: Armor of Duty, Heavy Duty Armor; Oblation Trap, Delayer Trap
Counters[edit | edit source]
- Any monsters with Possession immunity or Abomination trait could render his only denying skill useless.
- Due to his bad trait, he can be controlled by any monsters faster than him. Bonnie Bark would be a good counter, seeing her elemental advantage against him, combined with her trait and speed stat, Ophi stands no chance against her.